Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Major Jackson Part Une & Deux

All right, since there are only 3 people in the world reading this blog now,
I think it's OK for me to post these links to my youtube stuff, and a recording I
did recently of Major Jackson, a poet from Philly who an Associate Professor of English at University of Vermont and a faculty member of the Bennington Writing Seminars.

It also says on his site that "Currently, he is a fellow at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University." He swears to me he isn't just there to chase the betties.

I had to break up the recording into 3 parts to fit into streams on YouTubey, and PLEASE forgive the cheesey images. I'm having a competiton with friends on who can make the shittiest video with Window MoveMaker and still get it function on the web.

I win! The following are just parts one and two. Part three to follow. I put some images up of the book, and he already has his own copy of the recording I burned on site, so I don't think he'd be too pissed. The sound is a little rapsy, mostly because I recorded without filters (duh), so next time I'll do better, and if you don't like it, piss off!


Part I


Part II

5 comments:

slyboots2 said...

Much better production value than the usual Youtube stuff. So don't harsh on yourself! You even dubbed a soundtrack. Nice, very nice.

On another note, looks like we lost the Romanian...sad, very sad.

Bwana said...

Just the Pink thing, right?

Bwana said...

Yikes! I just went and looked! HAVE ALREADY POSTED MY GREIF STATEMENT.

(S)wine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(S)wine said...

only stopped writing. but still making the rounds reading. shine on you crazy diamond(s).