Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Great Voice Is Stilled

My fabu dude, LX (see link), is calling it quits on the old Bloggosphere. The circle of those who I always exchanged posts with is getting smaller and smaller. I tend to write a lot less. I've lost my UK audience (all 6 of them), and I'm sure they think I had something to do with Iraq. I kept telling them, no, that was the OTHER guy named Dick.

I almost quit when my old site went ka-blooey. I thought, "Hey, maybe I should just fake my death or something, and stop writing all this drivel that no one is reading anyway." But my son started up a sight, and I saw others who had encouraged me encouraging him as well. And then I sort of had to think about how much I really wanted to read about der kinder having the wild life at University.

And my reading of sites has slacked quite a bit as well. I find myself reading classics text on the web --- right now working my way through Caesar's Gallic Wars Commentaries, and a little Plutarch on Marc Antony the Fuckest-Uppest --- and waiting in van for my invitation to the US Premiere of Hott Fuzz (Nick, you bitch).

And the last two days I spent screwing around with bad editing software trying to post the poems of somebody else, which I thought might be interesting to my son, so I shared with others. That stuff will have to come down, I expect a publisher trying to sue me any minute.

And yet. And yet. I still can't say I'll quit doing this. I find it cheaper than talk therapy at $75.00 an hour, and much more fun.

So maybe I'll stick with it. Only this time, BACK UP!

1 comment:

(S)wine said...

still here and reading, monsignor. how's about an email (on the gmail account, please) with links to those classics you're reading on the web, please?