Thursday, October 23, 2008

Golf and Republicans

In the post below, I indicated my chagrin at the current GOP by saying, "L'il Mz Bootz: Yeah, verily, they (the GOP) doth piss me off to boot (yuck-yuck). But if weren't for them, we wouldn't have golf!"

Slyboots comments: "I thought that was the Scots. Are they considered Republicans? In the US sense?"

It was obvious that I had slighted the Scots, and since I would not EVER want a Scott pissed at me (I read Trainspotting and few other of Irvine Welch's books), I thought it advisable I rephrase my definitions of Golf, and its relationship to the Grand Ol' Party gang.

The Scots only created Golf to make better use of all that land between the crags and the sheep herds (other than worrying the sheep). White folks in general perfected the process by creating exclusive dominions on which to play the sport, finishing off the process in the States by putting black jockeys with lanterns on all the greens for evening play. These were real black jockeys, who had to stand there in 12 hour shifts.

Post slavery, this tradition was emulated by Republicans who, though they could no longer use real black jockeys, decided to create metal ones just for their driveways and front lawns. (Many Democrats were also involved in this chicanery, but at least they smart enough to paint their metal jockeys pink)

Not to be out done by former Southern aristocrats, current Republican activists further enhanced the illusion of exclusivity by inviting all the licensed contractors they knew to play in fund raiser tournaments for GOP candidates, who signed on for this self-deception whole-heartedly.

That’s probably one reason why Joe the Plumber is broke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha brilliant!
what about those poor sods who plant pink flamingos on their lawns? who are they? WHAT are they?

slyboots2 said...

Oh, I like this game. What are they if they have an old dryer in the front yard, and a couple of old cars up on blocks? And one of the cars is a Trans Am?

Anonymous said...

still checkin' in.
nothin?
ok.