Thursday, April 10, 2008

Out of Stir

'Stir' - an old American euphemism for jail or prison. I title this 'Out of Stir' mostly because I can't think of much else to describe my 'quiet time' on my old site o' shite. I haven't posted since ... fish had feet!

I has been experiencing some changes in my life, not all fantastic let me assure you; but all the important stuff is still there... family, relationships and a regularly functioning brain wave.

I am no longer at that big ol' stinkie Institute. That went by the boards for me in a blur. I will not post about it, mostly because I fear their minions will come and execute me in me sleep. Which might be most profitable for the Missus, but would leave a hell of a mess at home. And I tend to enjoy breathing, thank you.

And though I do not slave for the Masters of Technology no more, I oddly have been called to do much work for the slave masters of Modern Medicine, followed shortly by the Fashionista Fascisti. SO ... lots of gory footage of surgery, and then even scarier ... Fashion Shows! (Who knew that athletic shoes could generate whole lines of clothing? and why??)

I was hoping that my first post after the thawing of the glaciers --- oops, that was to be a time-line joke, but it is sadly more true than any of us would like! --- would contain some hugely important comment on the malaise of our new century, or the relevance of the new politics, or even a short piece on how a high/low ratio transfer box and locking center and rear differentials add to the credentials of the Toyota - Land Cruiser Amazon VX 4.7 ... yeah, I lifted that last one. I bet SlyBoots will know from where!

But since this is my Opening Day, and there are now F-18s flying over my head here as I punch the keys, I will post with a whimper rather than a wow.

It's OK, I have learned to downsize my expectations!

5 comments:

zombieswan said...

Well, welcome back Bwana. I don't remember if I introduced this personality to you, but it's good to see you commenting again. Congrats for getting out of the Ivory Tower alive. I don't think I'll make it anytime soon. :)

Anonymous said...

He's alive!!!!!!!

Yeah you.

Good to have you back in whatever state you are.

Anonymous said...

well whaddya know...
the man has returned.
welcome.
back.
to ...the same oul'.

slyboots2 said...

And the world returned to a happier state than heretofore thought possible. Missed you, old sport!

Bwana said...

Thanks, one and all for your knd words. The only issue of interest today is GERD among children, which is gross.